Jonathan’s CSO Denies $6.9m Allegation As EFCC Begins Full Probe Of Diezani


image

Chief Security Officer to President Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obuah, has denied allegation of purchase of three mobile stages worth $6.9m, for public appearance of his boss.

Obuah’s lawyer, Mr. Andrew Tsekiri, told The Punch on Sunday, said the allegation was false.

He dared the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to produce evidence instead of putting him on trial in the media.

The lawyer said, “Let me tell you, nothing like that exists. Obuah did not demand for money for any stage. Let them show to Nigerians evidence that he took the money. When Obuah was in their (DSS) detention, they investigated this particular matter and found out that it was false.

“He was confronted with the allegation. Mr. Obuah told them that he knew nothing about it, and they found that the allegation was false. They released him, why are they bringing it up again?

“They have investigated the allegation and they found out it was false, since then no government agency had contacted or invited Mr. Obuah.

“They should show how Diezani authorised the payment of the money and how it left Citibank to Zenith Bank, to Access Bank to Sterling Bank and they should show how it ended in Obuah’s account.”

READ ALSO :  Youngest Speaker In Nigeria, Aliyu of Katsina, Celebrates His 34th Birthday

Tsekiri said the outcome of the allegation would soon show that the Buhari administration was not interested in governance but to frame up allegations against people.

“They are just lying against Diezani and Mr. Jonathan. Let me tell you what they want to do. They will charge Obuah to court, make all the noise about the allegation that has been published, knowing full well that the matter will not be decided in about a year or two, and by then, the public would have forgotten about it but they would have spoilt your name.”

Meanwhile, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has commenced a full investigation into the activities of the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.

The Punch reports that the commission has constituted a four-member committee of crack detectives, led by a Superintendent of Police, to probe all the NNPC accounts, which were supervised by the former minister.

The other three members of the committee, it was gathered, were pioneer civilian operatives of the commission with high capacity for investigation.

Source: Dailypost.ng

Share This With Your Friends

ADS:- CLICK HERE TO ADVERTISE WITH US OR SUMMIT AN ARTICLE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *