Fire guts Abuja Federal Secretariat

There was a fire outbreak at the Federal Civil Service Secretariat, Abuja in the early hours of Saturday.

It was learnt that the inferno, which started from an office on the third floor in the Ministry of Tourism, had destroyed electronic items and furniture before it was put out by men of the fire service.

The Director General, Federal Capital Territory Emergency Service, Abass Idriss, explained that the fire had been put out when one of our correspondents contacted him.

“We suspect that the fire was caused by an electrical spark, but everything is under control. The fire has been put out and the damage wasn’t much,” he said.

READ ALSO :  Another Unique Pre-Wedding Shots For You Readers

Meanwhile, the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has said contrary to reports, the fire did not affect any office in his ministry.

He was reacting to reports by a television station which quoted eyewitnesses as saying that the ministry’s building was razed.

“The report is false. No part of the ministry was affected. None of our offices was affected,” Adewole said.

Share This With Your Friends

ADS:- CLICK HERE TO ADVERTISE WITH US OR SUMMIT AN ARTICLE

My Name is Williams, the Founder/CEO of this Blog, I am a full time Blogger and Social Media Publicist. I'm an undergraduate of FUTMINNA. Kindly Subscribe above to get our latest News via Your Email. Its Nice Having You Here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *